Terms of References
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) is an international non-profit organization promoting liberal democracy, human rights, good governance, economic freedom, and digital transformation.
In order to promote cooperation and understanding between South Asia and the European Countries on LGBTQIA+ community, the FNF aims to write an overview paper that covers the following domain areas:
- Legal status of the community in South Asian countries
- Political environment in the region
- Social challenges faced
- Educational prospects
- Job opportunities
- Relationship and cooperation between South Asian region with Europe
Scope of work:
The researcher will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Draft an imperative paper in South Asian context summarizing the status of LGBTQIA+ community in various stated domains
- Total length of paper 2,500 – 3,000 words (exclusive of citations, references, organisation profile, and author’s profile)
- Relevant work experience of at least 5 years in the field of Human Rights, LGBTQIA+ community, International Relations, and other related fields
- Knowledge of the South Asian policy processes and political landscape
- Experience in primary and secondary research projects independently
- Demonstrated proficiency in high-quality succinct error-free writing in English
- Ability to articulate research content to varying audiences in English
- Ability to process vast amounts of information and generate useful insights quickly
- Ability to communicate ideas in a clear and concise manner and adapt messages to different interlocutors, including government partners, policy influencers, team members, researchers, partner organisations and donors
The researcher will be engaged from 1st March – 10th April 2023.
How to apply:
Please send your quotations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th February 2023. Only selected people will be contacted.