About us: Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) is the creative innovation platform for the promotion of freedom in societies.
Nowadays, liberal values are being endangered globally. Close to 700 employees in 60 countries worldwide, including Germany, try to counter this development and are united by one cause – the promotion of freedom with responsibility.
FNF envisions an enlightened and tolerant society in Germany, Europe and the whole world, with more engaged and politically active citizens. As a source of ideas, as well as a driver for innovation and creativity, the Foundation strives to strengthen political liberalism in Germany and to create an environment enabling as many people as possible to reach their full potential. Through its worldwide activities, FNF hopes to generate impetus for a broad debate on liberal topics in society, followed by policy action and the fostering of free and prosperous individuals.
Together with its partners, the Foundation searches for and develops liberal solutions in the following priority areas:
- The Best Education: Freedom cannot survive long without education. Likewise, without freedom there is no good education. Education and freedom of choice of educational pathways are the pillars on which every person can build his or her talents.
- Digital and Open Society: The digital society offers a lot of possibilities for creativity development and economic progress, but not at the expense of freedom and privacy.
- Human and civil rights are the pillars of liberalism. In an open society everyone has the freedom to be oneself and to shape his or her own life.
- The Future of the Social Market Economy: Only the market economy can guarantee personal and social freedom and a high standard of living. However, recently there has been a tendency to undermine the fundamentals of the social market economy – especially the freedom of creativity and innovation. Self-determined citizens should not allow this to happen.
- International Relations: A liberal and peaceful world, open markets and the protection of human rights and the rule of law are at the core of FNF’s global policy work.
For more than 60 years now, FNF has aspired to be the freedom platform for all liberal minded people worldwide.