This year, as the corona-virus pandemic has affected billions worldwide, we want to show a hopeful side of humans, which is ready to move forward and tackle the challenges in hand.
Photography is a powerful medium which helps people visualize the exact moment that has been captured through the lens. This medium is the most impactful way to create empathy among people. It can bring people around the world closer as images are a universal language.
The Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom South Asia invites people to join this initiative to show persistence and perseverance of people during the pandemic and how people are coping up, moving forward and embracing the new normal in a positive light. This photo competition is a great opportunity to highlight the human side of the pandemic. However do take care of yourself and follow COVID19 guidelines properly.
Participation is open throughout South Asia and the selected images will be featured in the 2021 calendar and published on Social Media channels of the Foundation.
Winners and Prizes: The Judges will select the winners. The winners will receive 100 EUROS each (in local currency equivalent), 10 copies of the calendar and will be promoted through our social media channels.
Eligibility & Rules: The images must be original and not published before anywhere else.
Details to enter the competition:
- Must be uploaded in common image formats like .jpeg/.jpg /.png.
- Photographers should bear in mind that photos should be aesthetically appealing for example depicting beautiful landscapes/ cityscapes etc during the pandemic that will be used for the calendar.
- Should be saved with high quality.
- Capture resolution above 3264x2448 Pixels | 8 Megapixel
- Pictures must not show the name of a photographer, agency, or publication, or any other information.
- All pictures must have an accurate caption, written in English only. The caption should be an answer to the following question: How would you restart in 2021?
- Only single exposure and single frame pictures will be accepted. The following are not accepted: Multiple exposures, polyptychs (diptychs, triptychs, and so forth). Stitched panoramas, either produced in-camera or with image editing software.
- Copyright holders retain copyright of their work. For awarded pictures, copyright holders grant the Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) unlimited non-exclusive use of high-resolution pictures for activities in all media, including social media, online and print, in relation to the contest, the exhibition, the yearbook, the public archive, and all promotional and educational activities for and under the auspices of the Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF), without any remuneration being due.
- The copyright holders represent and warrant that submission of the pictures does not breach any law, and further that no third party can hold any claims or any objections regarding the rights granted to the Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF). The copyright holders will hold the Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) harmless of any claims from third parties related hereto.
Submit your entries at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date of submission: 23.11.2020