Call for Proposal
Policy Paper: India – Trailblazer in tech-emancipation from China?
Imagine a world without Tiktok, PUBG, WeChat, Xiaomi. Impossible? Not in India. Since a border conflict in 2021, India has banned more than a hundred Chinese apps, the country's authorities ferociously go after Chinese smartphone makers, many of which left the Indian market already. Two years on we look at the impact of this attempt at tech-emancipation from China and draw lessons for other countries.
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) is looking for a consultant to write a policy paper that aims at analyzing the current scenario in India.
Paper and Timeline
- the policy paper is between 4,500 and 7,000 words long
- finalizing list of contents within a week of signing the agreement
- first draft of the paper: 31 August 2022
- final paper: 31 October 2022
Your Skills and Experience
You are a practitioner or researcher in the field of international trade and digital markets and have a good understanding of the China-India relationship.
How to apply
Until 15 June 2023, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org your resume along with the following documents/details:
- list of references
- writing sample (no more than 300 words)
- draft list of contents as well as a brief on the methodology
- expected remuneration