CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Terms of Reference for Research Consultant
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) is an international non-profit organization promoting the ideas of liberal democracy, respect for human rights, good governance, economic freedom, and digital transformation.
FNF South Asia in collaboration with Centre for Public Policy Research (CPPR), is hosting a half-day event to address the role of South Asian countries in securing energy and interplay with European countries. The event aims to address:
- Unseen consequences on South Asian economies
- Recent initiatives of South Asian countries to secure energy supply
- Prospects for cooperation and partnerships with Europe in the next 5 years
In conjunction with the event, we aim to produce a comprehensive policy research paper addressing above objectives.
Scope of work:
The researcher will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Draft a policy research paper in South Asian context summarizing the impact of the war in Ukraine on the countries in the region and outline viable policy strategies to mitigate the impact of the war
- Total length of paper 3,500 – 5,000 words (exclusive of citations, references, organisation profile, and author’s profile)
- Present the paper to international delegates at a roundtable event on 29 November 2022 in Kochi, Kerala
- Incorporate feedback from the roundtable and closely work with our designer to submit a final policy paper to FNF South Asia
- Write one opinion piece on research undertaken and contemporary issues for newspapers, journals, and other relevant publications
- Relevant work experience of at least 5 years in the field of International Relations, Energy Security, Food Security, Foreign Policy and other related fields
- Knowledge of the South Asian policy processes and political landscape
- Experience in primary and secondary research projects independently
- Demonstrated proficiency in high-quality succinct error-free writing in English
- Ability to articulate research content to varying audiences in English
- Ability to process vast amounts of information and generate useful insights quickly
- Ability to communicate ideas in a clear and concise manner and adapt messages to different interlocutors, including government partners, policy influencers, team members, researchers, partner organisations and donors.
The researcher will be engaged from 1st November - 15th December 2022.
How to apply:
Please send your quotations to email@example.com by 21st October 2022. Only selected people will be contacted.