Photo Competition 2021
Businesses across the world have faced unique challenges in terms of preserving their business model, revenue, and profits. The impact on MSMEs and startups in South Asia was particularly severe, forcing companies to adapt and to use innovative methods to restart their business. With our campaign, we want to showcase and appreciate this innovative and creative spirit of entrepreneurs in the region and tell their stories of restarting.
Photography is a powerful medium that helps people visualize the exact moment that has been captured through the lens. This medium is the most impactful way to create empathy among people. It can bring people around the world closer as images are a universal language.
The Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom South Asia invites people to participate and to showcase how different sectors and individual entrepreneurs have overcome the loss of their businesses, jobs, etc. during these challenging times.
Participation is open to contributors from South Asia and the selected images will be featured in the 2022 calendar and published on Social Media channels of the Foundation.
Winners and Prizes: The Judges will select the winners. The winners will receive 100 EUROS each (in local currency equivalent), 5 copies each of the calendar and diaries, and will be promoted through our social media channels.
Eligibility & Rules: The images must be original and not published before anywhere else.
Details to enter the competition:
- Must be uploaded in common image formats like .jpeg/.jpg /.png.
- Photographers should bear in mind that photos should be aesthetically appealing for example how industries are reopening or people are engaging with the new normal life etc post the pandemic and that we will use for the calendar and the diary.
- Should be saved with high quality.
- Should be captured in landscape mode
- Capture resolution above 3264x2448 Pixels | 8 Megapixel
- Pictures must not show the name of a photographer, agency, or publication, or any other information.
- All pictures must have an accurate caption and a story of not more than 250 words, written in English only. The caption should be an answer to the following question: How did you restart businesses post-pandemic era?
- Single exposure and single frame pictures will be accepted. The following are not accepted: Multiple exposures, polyptychs (diptychs, triptychs, and so forth). Stitched panoramas, either produced in-camera or with image editing software.
- Copyright holders retain the copyright of their work. For awarded pictures, copyright holders grant the Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) unlimited non-exclusive use of high-resolution pictures for activities in all media, including social media, online and print, in relation to the contest, the exhibition, the yearbook, the public archive, and all promotional and educational activities for and under the auspices of the Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF), without any remuneration being due.
- The copyright holders represent and warrant that submission of the pictures does not breach any law, and further that no third party can hold any claims or any objections regarding the rights granted to the Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF). The copyright holders will hold the Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) harmless of any claims from third parties related hereto.
Submit your entries at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date of submission: 08.11.2021