Liberal Communicators Network: Non-Profit Academy 2022
The LCN Non-Profit Academy in Short
If you are passionate about non-profit communications, you are cordially invited to apply for the ‘Liberal Communicators Network (LCN): Non-Profit Academy’ by 1 May. The Academy will empower liberal communicators to adapt cutting-edge communication strategies, innovation, and marketing trends for the specific context of the mission-driven sector.
- Short online sessions spread out over time in Summer (26 May 2022 – 21 June 2022, TBC) and Autumn (6 Sessions, End of September - October 2022- Dates are to be confirmed). Application is once for the 2 sessions of the Academy. Programme is different for the 2 legs.
- 90 min webinars with thought leaders, such as Rory Sutherland, Vice Chairman, Ogilvy, UK; TED Global Speaker with millions of views; Best-Selling Author of “Alchemy”
- 120 min online hands-on workshops with world-class trainers, such as Kivi Leroux Miller (USA), CEO of Nonprofit Marketing Guide, Award-winning Author “Content Marketing for Nonprofits”
- All successful alumni will become members of LCN professional community of non-profit communicators from civil society organizations, foundations, think tanks, and change-makers, working on liberal topics.
- This LCN Academy focuses on the liberal non-profit actors, not on political parties.
- Lead Facilitator: Sven Gerst, PhD Student in Political Economy at King’s College London; Former Secretary General of IFLRY; a renowned international facilitator and moderator.
- Topics: Non-profit brand management, strategy, communications, digital and content marketing, creativity, and more.
- Bonus: The top 3 alumni will be offered a spot in LCN Communication Masterclass, organized by ELF Secretariat.
- Work fully or part-time on communications;
- Work or volunteer in an ELF organization and FNF; partners of ELF and FNF; liberal civil society organizations and activists. The ideal combination per country: a representative of ELF member, FNF and local liberal organization.
- Applicants cannot be candidates at elections (at any level of governance).
- Completed Application Form.
- Commitment to participation in all Academy events during Summer and Autumn Editions is of utmost importance. If you know you must miss a session, please mention this in the application form.
- Regardless of your current level of communications expertise, what will be prioritized is a dedication to learn on-the-job and grow professionally in the field of communications.
- Previous work experience, professional and/or academic qualifications in communications are welcomed, but not required.
- Teams with limited communications capacity and resources will be given special consideration.
- Willingness to pay forward the gained knowledge in your organization
- Passionate to join and contribute to the development of a pan-European community of non-profit communicators.
- Preference for participants from Central, East and Southeast Europe.
- Alumni of 2021 of the different LCN Editions (Non-profit, Youth, Masterclass) are allowed to apply again, as the programme is different. However, priority will be given to new applicants and not members of LCN.
Draft Programme for the Summer Edition of LCN-Non-Profit Academy
About the Liberal Communicators Network
The LCN-Non-Profit Academy will empower liberal communicators to adapt cutting-edge communication strategies, innovation, and marketing trends for the specific context of the mission-driven sector. By innovating non-profit communications, liberals will be better equipped to win the hearts and minds, influence shifts in values and behaviour, and achieve societal change for a forward-looking Europe.
LCN strives to develop a professional community of non-profit communicators from civil society organizations, foundations, think tanks, change-makers, working on liberal topics. Join the Academy to become a member of this European network of marketing professionals.
The Academy ‘Make a Good Message Better’ offers online 6 sessions (26 May- 21 June, TBC) in the summer and 6 sessions in the autumn (end of September- October). The high-profile web-talk series and specialized hands-on workshops with thought leaders, best-selling authors, world-class trainers will inspire, enable and bring everybody on the ‘same page’ with the latest trends. Topics span across non-profit brand management, strategy, communications, digital and content marketing, creativity, and more.
The Academy is organised by the European Liberal Forum (ELF) with the support of Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom for East and Southeast Europe (FNF). Our partners are European Liberal Youth (LYMEC) and Projekt: Polska. The Academy is part of an umbrella programme – the Liberal Communicators Network (LCN), between ELF Secretariat, LYMEC and FNF East and Southeast Europe.
Highlights from LCN 2021
Check out some of the flagship communication products and highlights from the first edition of LCN 2021.
Find the full keynote speech and shorter soundbite videos with insights on behavior science and creativity from Rory Sutherland, Vice Chairman, Ogilvy, UK; TED Global Speaker with millions of views; Best-Selling Author of “Alchemy” below. We are excited to have Rory again as a speaker in the Summer edition.
We are excited to announce that we will have 3 specialised workshops on nonprofit communications strategy and content marketing with Kivi Leroux Miller (USA), CEO of Nonprofit Marketing Guide, Award-winning Author “Content Marketing for Nonprofits”.
Check out the motion graphics animation with tips on Content Marketing from Kivi Leroux Miller, shared during 2021 LCN.
More about Trainers
Learn more about the speaker, trainers and facilitators below.