Liberal Communicators Network (LCN): Non-Profit Edition
CALL FOR APPLICATION
Summer Edition 7 Sessions over 2 Weeks in from 24 June to 11 July
Autumn Edition 2 Sessions and 2 Workshops in September/October (Dates TBC)
Bonus Alumni get Membership in ELF’s ‘Liberal Communicators Network’
3 Spots in ELF’s Communication Masterclass LCN (November, Dates TBC)
ABOUT LCN & ACADEMY
If you are passionate about non-profit communications, you are cordially invited to apply for the ‘Liberal Communicators Network (LCN): Non-Profit Edition’ of the European Liberal Forum (ELF).
The Academy ‘Make a Good Message Better’ offers online a series of big-picture inputs by high-level speakers in the summer (7 sessions over 2 weeks: 24 June- 11 July) and 2 specialized workshops and 2 sessions in the autumn (1 SEO workshop and Book Club Session in September; 1 Social Media Workshop and Graduation in October).
Do not miss the chance to learn from world-class speakers such as the advertising guru; behavioural science thought leader; TED Global Speaker with more than seven million views; Vice Chairman of Ogilvy UK; and best-selling author- Rory Sutherland.
Join the Non-Profit-Academy now and help us co-create the first professional pan-European community – the ‘Liberal Communicators Network’ (LCN) of ELF. All successful alumni will become members of LCN. The top 3 alumni will be offered a spot in LCN Communication Masterclass, by ELF Secretariat. (November, Dates TBC).
This Academy will empower liberal communicators to adapt cutting-edge communication strategies, innovation, and marketing trends for the specific context of the mission-driven sector. By innovating non-profit communications, liberals will be better equipped to win hearts and minds, influence shifts in values and behaviour, and achieve societal change for a forward-looking Europe.
- Work fully or part-time on communications;
- Work or volunteer in an ELF organization and FNF; partners of ELF and FNF; liberal civil society organizations and activists. The ideal combination per country: a representative of ELF member, FNF and local liberal organization.
- Applicants cannot be candidates at elections (at any level of governance).
- Completed Application Form.
- Commitment to participation in all Academy events is of utmost importance.
- Regardless of your current level of communications expertise, what will be prioritized is a dedication to learn on-the-job and grow professionally in the field of communications.
- Previous work experience, professional/academic qualifications in communications are welcomed, but not required.
- Teams with limited communications capacity and resources will be given special consideration.
- Willingness to pay forward the gained knowledge in your organization;
- Passionate to join and contribute to the development a pan-European community of non-profit communicators.
- Preference for participants from Central, East and Southeast Europe.
Main Trainer & Moderator
Sven Gerst, PhD Student in Political Economy at King’s College London; Former Secretary General of IFLRY
Summer Edition: Check out the Detailed Draft Programme
- 7 Sessions of 90 min over 2 Weeks from 24 June to 11 July
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 17.30 CEST (UTC+ 2)
- Sunday: 15.00 CEST (UTC+ 2)
- June: 24, 27, 29
- July: 6, 7*, 11
- TBC: 1 July will be rescheduled, because of speakers' availability (TBC soon).
- *Instead of 8 July, the session will take place on 7 July (Wednesday) because of the speaker's availability.
- High-Profile Web-Talks: Thought Leaders, Best-Selling Authors, Top Trainers
- Brand Management, Strategy, Non-Profit Communications, Content Marketing
- Networking; Mapping Expertise, Needs and Expectations; Collaboration in LCN
- Welcome Packages with #comms best-sellers sent to participants at home
Do not miss the chance to learn from the advertising legend; thought leader, and TED Global Speaker, whose talks have been viewed more than seven million times; Vice Chairman of Ogilvy UK; and best-selling author- Rory Sutherland (UK). He studies the endless possibilities at the intersection of behavioural science and economics, consumer behaviour, psychology, creativity, and marketing. Get first-hand inspiration from the author of 'Alchemy: The Surprising Power Of Ideas That Don't Make Sense' and 'Rory Sutherland: The Wiki Man'. Follow him on twitter @rorysutherland.
Navigate the world of strategic non-profit communications and content marketing with Kivi Leroux Miller (USA), the founder and CEO of Nonprofit Marketing Guide. Kivi is an experienced trainer and certified executive coach, who has personally mentored hundreds of non-profit communications directors and communications teams. Kivi is also the award-winning author of three books, as well as a popular blog: CALM not BUSY: How to Manage Your Nonprofit’s Communications for Great Results; Content Marketing for Nonprofits: A Communications Map for Engaging Your Community, Becoming a Favorite Cause, and Raising More Money; The Nonprofit Marketing Guide: High-Impact, Low-Cost Ways to Build Support for Your Good Cause .
Discover the new paradigm for strategic brand management in the mission-driven section from Julia Shepard Stenzel (USA), consultant, coach and co-author of ‘The Brand IDEA: Managing Nonprofit Brands with Integrity, Democracy, and Affinity’. Julia draws on her experience with non-profit brand management, strategy and board membership, as well as her training in executive coaching and mindfulness, to help people gain clarity, articulate goals or strategies, and develop action plans. Julia received a BA, summa cum laude, from Princeton University and an MBA from Harvard University.
Autumn Edition: Dates TBC
- Book Club Session with best-sellers, part of your Welcome Package (September)
- Several-Session Workshop* over 1/2 days on SEO (September)
- Several-Session Workshop* over 1/2 days on Social Media (October)
- Graduation Session and Introduction to Liberal Communicators Network(October)
- All alumni will be invited to join the Liberal Communicators Network of ELF.
- Top 3 Participants will be offered a spot in LCN Communication Masterclass, by the ELF Secretariat. (November, Dates TBC).
The LCN-Non-Profit Academy is organised by the European Liberal Forum, with the support of Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom for East and Southeast Europe, and our partners LYMEC (European Liberal Youth) and Fundacja Projekt: Polska.
For more information, please check the Call for Application/Concept Paper and the Draft Programme of Summer Edition.
Draft Programme of Summer Edition
Draft Programme of Summer Edition.