We take the protection of your data very seriously and adhere strictly to the rules of data protection law, as stipulated by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). The following declaration gives you an overview of how we guarantee this protection, in particular, what kind of data is collected, processed and used for what purpose and which rights you are legally entitled to.
The person in charge of data processing and contact details:
Responsible in terms of article 4 no. 7 GDPR is:
Friedrich-Naumann-Stiftung für die Freiheit
Karl-Marx-Straße 2, 14482 Potsdam-Babelsberg
+49 331 7019 0
You have the right to address complaints to the Data Protection Supervisory Authorities. The responsible office for the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom is:
Stahnsdorfer Damm 77
Personal data you provide to the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom electronically, such as name, postal address or e-mail address, will be stored and used by us for the respective purpose of performance (participation in events, delivery of publications, grant requests) (Article 6(1)(1)(b) of GDPR). We also use it to draw your attention to other events, publications and other activities of the Foundation if the legal requirements for this are met (Article 6(1)(1)(a) and (f) of GDPR); as a rule, we request your consent for this.
Data will only be passed on to third parties (e.g. to public sponsors, controlling authorities or organizations cooperating with the Foundation) if we are legally obliged to do so or if you have given us your consent. If we use service providers for technical support of data processing, this is done in strict compliance with the regulations on commissioned data processing (Article 28 of GDPR).
When you visit our website, unless you provide us with information in some other way, we only record the personal data that your browser sends to our server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to coordinated universal time (UTC)
- request transmitted by the web browser, consisting of the request method (e.g. GET), requested page or resource, protocol version (e.g. HTTP/1.1)
- access status/HTTP status code (e.g. 404 for "page not found")
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Page from which the currently displayed page was accessed or the resource was integrated (if your web browser transmits this information)
- Browser recognition, consisting of name, manufacturer, version and language of your browser software, as well as the operating system and its version (if your web browser transmits this information)
The data mentioned above is collected to display our website and to ensure stability and security. The legal basis is Article 6(1)(f) of GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the purpose of data collection.
In addition to the protocol data mentioned above when visiting our website, cookies are stored on your computer. These are small files that are automatically created by your browser and stored on your end device (laptop, tablet, smartphone or similar) when you visit our site. The cookie stores information, which in each case is related to the specifically used terminal device. However, this does not mean that we obtain direct knowledge of your identity. Furthermore, cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to make the Internet offer as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
This website uses the following types of cookies:
- Transient cookies: Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes, in particular, the session cookies. They store a so-called session ID, which can be used to assign various requests from your browser to the shared session. It allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website.
- Persistent cookies: Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may vary depending on the cookie. We use such cookies in order to record the use of our website statistically and to optimize our offer. The cookies enable us to automatically recognize that you have already visited our site when you return.
You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
The data processed by cookies is required for the purposes mentioned above in order to safeguard our legitimate interests and those of third parties according to Article 6(1)(f) of GDPR.
Use of Google Analytics:
- The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data gets transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6(1)(f) of GDPR.
Use of Matomo (ehemals Piwik):
- The IP address transmitted by your browser via Matomo is not merged with other data collected by us.
- You can adjust the evaluation by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storage of cookies. If you prevent the storage of cookies, we point out that you may not be able to use our website to its full extent. You can prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting the settings in your browser. The prevention of the use of Matomo is possible by removing the next checkmark and thus activating the opt-out plug-in:
We use Matomo to analyze the use of our website and to improve it regularly. With the obtained statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Matomo is Article 6(1)(f) of GDPR.
- Furthermore, we use on our website the so-called "Facebook Pixel" of Facebook Inc. ("Facebook"). This allows users of our website to be presented with interest-related advertisements ("Facebook ads") when they visit the social network Facebook or other websites that also use this method. Through the Facebook pixel, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Facebook server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Facebook through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our state of knowledge: Through the integration of the Facebook pixel, Facebook receives the information that you have clicked on an ad from us or called up the corresponding website of our Internet presence. If you are registered with a Facebook service, Facebook can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Facebook or have not logged in, there is a possibility that the provider will find out and store your IP address and other identifying features.
- By using the Facebook pixel, we pursue the purpose of displaying Facebook ads placed by us only to those Facebook users who have also shown an interest in our Internet offering. With the help of the Facebook pixel, we want to ensure that our Facebook ads correspond to the potential interest of the users and do not appear annoying. Besides, the Facebook pixel allows us to track the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical purposes by showing us whether users were redirected to our website after clicking on a Facebook ad. The legal basis for the use of the Facebook pixel is Article 6(1)(f) of GDPR.
- You can find information about the third-party provider Facebook Inc, 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA about data policy and further information about data collection herr, here and here.
- We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and we use the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you visit our site, no personal data is passed on to the providers of the plug-ins. You can recognize the provider of the plug-ins by the logo on the respective button. We give you the opportunity to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the marked field, and thereby activate it, the plug-in provider will receive the information that you have called up the corresponding website of our online offer. By activating the plug-in, your data is transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the case of US providers in the USA) (in the case of Facebook, the IP address is anonymized immediately after it is collected, once the provider in Germany has been specified). Since the plug-in provider collects data in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies via your browser's security settings before clicking on the greyed-out box.
- We do not influence the collected data and data processing procedures, nor are we aware of the full scope of data collection, the purposes of the processing, the storage periods. We also have no information about the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
- The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses them for advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (also for users who are not logged in) to present need-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. Through the plug-ins, we offer you the possibility to interact with the social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Article 6(1)(f) of GDPR.
- The data is passed on regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you logged in with the plug-in provider, your data collected by us will be directly assigned to your account with the plug-in provider. If you click on the activated button and, for example, link the page, the plug-in provider will also save this information in your user account and publicly share it with your contacts. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, but especially before activating the button, as you can then avoid being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URLs with their privacy policies:
- Facebook Inc, 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA, you can find information about their data policy and further information on data collection here, here and here. Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield.
- We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offering, which are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website.
- By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have called up the corresponding subpage of our website. This happens regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you log in at Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not want the assignment with your profile on YouTube, you have to log out before activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
- On this website, we use the services of Google Maps. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to use the map function conveniently.
- By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding subpage of our website. This happens regardless of whether Google provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you log in at Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not want the assignment with your profile at Google, you have to log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as user profiles and uses them for advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
The Foundation will store and use your data for as long as this is necessary to perform the respective service or to achieve the purpose for which the data is stored, or as long as a granted consent is not revoked.
If these requirements are not met, the data will be deleted subject to statutory retention obligations. Data will also be deleted in the other cases listed in Article 17 of GDPR.
You can revoke your consent to the processing and use of your data at any time (Article 7(3)of GDPR); to do so, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your data will then be deleted immediately. This also applies to the revocation of a declaration of consent that was issued to the Foundation before the GDPR came into force, i.e. before 25 May 2018.
You have the right to demand the correction of incorrect data concerning you, Article 16 of GDPR.
You also have the right to have your data deleted under the conditions listed in Article 17 of GDPR and supplemented by § 35 of BDSG. Please send a corresponding request to email@example.com.
You are entitled to the rights of restriction of processing by Article 18 of GDPR, to objection from Article 21(1) of GDPR and data transferability following Article 20 of GDPR. If we use your data to send you information (direct advertising), you may object to the use of your data for these purposes. We will then no longer process these data for these purposes, Article 21(2) and (3) of GDPR.
You can object in any form with the subject "Objection" by stating your name and address and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.