Terms of Reference
Workshop Facilitator for Mental Health
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) is an international non-profit organization promoting liberal democracy, human rights, good governance, economic freedom, and digital transformation.
As a part of the 2023 Born with PRIDE Conference and the LGBTQIA+ Hackathon, we are organizing a half-day workshop on "Mental Health" designed to train participants on various methods and strategies to promote mental health. The workshop aims to equip participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to improve their mental health and well-being in a safe and supportive environment and to provide participants with practical skills to manage stress, anxiety, and other mental health issues.
Workshop Format and Methodology:
The workshop will take place on 6 June 2023, as part of the LGBTQIA+ Hackathon in Colombo, Sri Lanka. It will be an offline event that includes presentations, group discussions, and interactive activities where attendees will be encouraged to share their experiences and insights, and the facilitator will offer feedback and guidance throughout the workshop.
The workshop is expected to cater to at least 30 to 40 participants.
The facilitator should have the following qualifications:
- Extensive experience in conducting workshops on topics related to diversity and inclusion, with a focus on LGBTQIA+ issues and mental health
- Knowledge and understanding of mental health issues, including but not limited to triggers, coping mechanisms, causes, and ways to mitigate, as well as other challenges faced by LGBTQIA+ individuals in their daily lives
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Fluency in English, as the workshop will be conducted in English
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Develop a set of workshop materials including presentations, handouts, and interactive activities for the workshop. These materials should be well-structured, engaging, and easy to understand.
- Conduct an interactive training session that covers various mental health topics such as developing healthy coping mechanisms, maintaining social connections, engaging in self-care activities, practicing mindfulness, exercising, maintaining good sleep hygiene, and seeking support when needed
- Facilitate group discussions during the workshop that allow participants to share their experiences, perspectives, and ideas.
- Provide practical tips and strategies for Identifying common mental health issues, how to recognize them, and ways to minimize stigma surrounding mental health
- Conduct an evaluation of the workshop (through an evaluation form) to assess its effectiveness in achieving the desired outcomes.
The success of the workshop Facilitator will be evaluated based on the feedback provided by the organizers and participants.
Interested candidate should submit their resume or CV, a brief proposal outlining their approach to the workshop topics, and their proposed fee. Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th May 2023. Only selected people will be contacted.