Call for Proposal
Policy Paper: Power Balance in South Asia: India - Benevolent Hegemon or Driver of Chinese Influence in the Region?
China spins its string of pearls around South Asia with investments in Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, blatant influencing of the political process in Nepal as well as border incursions in Bhutan. Economic crises in the wake of the pandemic and the war in Ukraine and internal challenges provide India with an opportunity though to regain ground lost to China in neighboring countries. Can the country seize the opportunity? What can European partners do to support India's effort?
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) is looking for a consultant to write a policy paper that aims at analyzing the current geopolitical scenario in South Asia.
Paper and Timeline
- the policy paper is between 4,500 and 7,000 words long
- finalizing list of contents within a week of signing the agreement
- first draft of the paper: 31 August 2022
- final paper: 31 October 2022
Your Skills and Experience
You are a practitioner or researcher in the field of foreign policy and South Asian cooperation and have a good understanding EU-South Asia cooperation.
How to apply
Until 15 June 2023, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org your resume along with the following documents/details:
- list of references
- writing sample (no more than 300 words)
- draft list of contents as well as a brief on the methodology
- expected remuneration