VACANCY NOTICE: Project Officer
Starting Date: Between 1st – 15th Jan 2023
Location: No 16, Lane 11, To Ngoc Van Street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
Duration: 1 year with the possibility to extend, 40 hours/week (from Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
Deadline: 14th Dec 2022
Are you passionate about liberalism, freedom, and promoting a market-based economy? Do you possess skills and experience in project management, policy advocacy, and economic research? Are you interested in working in various German-funded Projects in a multicultural environment? Then you could fit well with us!
Who we are
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) is Germany’s liberal foundation. All of our work is guided by liberty as its fundamental value. Being active in Germany and in around 60 project countries worldwide, we promote freedom, human rights, the rule of law, and market-based economy. FNF briefs decision-makers in Berlin and publishes reports. With a wide range of topics such as Education, Digital and Open Society, Future of Market Economy and International Issues, we facilitate dialogue, organize conferences and invite experts for increasing exchange between Vietnam and Germany. The Foundation opened its office in Vietnam in 2012.
- Design, develop and implement well-targeted projects in line with targets and indicators already approved by the Foundation, and meet all requirements before and after project implementation.
- In consultation with the Head of Country to be responsible for planning, coordinating and monitoring the activities during all phases of the project;
- Manage project budget and logical framework to ensure the pre-defined outputs and objectives are met in a financially sound manner.
- Maintain an extensive network of contacts in government, academia, and the private sector to conduct economic reporting, develop deeper partnerships and promote FNF’s political objectives.
- Monitoring, quality control, and evaluation in projects related to economic research
- Provide regular high-quality economic and political economy analysis and reports on the economic development in Vietnam to Head of Country, internal requests, and public.
- Keep up-to-date on Vietnam Economic Outlook, all sectors’ engagement in economic reform, international integration, etc.
- Fulfill annual internal and external reports to FNF Regional Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and so on for projects and activities covered by the line Project Manager in 2021.
- Talent management: take charge of the Internship Program, employ potential candidates for international exchange courses
- Other tasks assigned by the Head of Country
Essential qualifications, skills, and experience
- Degree from a recognized institution in economics, business administration, law, or a degree with a vital economics component (at least 70%).
- At least 3 years of Program/project development and management experience;
- Good knowledge of Vietnam's economic, business, and political environment and track record of work on the Vietnamese economy.
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken Vietnamese and English
- Experience in communicating, networking with government agencies, researchers, think tanks, and international bodies, and public speaking.
- Master's Degree in related fields;
- Experience working with Central and/or State Governments/ NGOs/ Civil Society on similar assignments will be preferred;
- Familiarity with the working environment and professional standards of international organizations and national and State Governments;
- A good command of German would be an advantage;
- Strong team orientation and a value-driven, socially-minded attitude
- Work in a leading German NGO.
- Have opportunities to study and improve professional skills.
- Receive attractive salary according to the scheme for Vietnamese workers in foreign NGOs.
- Social insurance, health insurance, and other allowances according to the law.
Applications in English include:
- Motivation Letter
- Autobiography (CV)
- Relevant certificates and diplomas.
Please send all the above documents in one PDF file to: email@example.com, put the subject of the letter in the form [Application – PA] <Candidate name>
Note: We prioritize early potential candidates by interviewing them before the deadline, so please do not wait until the deadline if you are interested in the job and qualify for the position.