Announcement for Large-Scale Murals in Yerevan
Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom South Caucasus Yerevan Office in cooperation with Yerevan Municipality announces a contest for painting large-scale murals on the walls in Yerevan.
The murals should address one of the following themes:
- Post-pandemic future
- Everyone is equal before law.
- Mural sketches should address either of above-mentioned themes,
- Winners will be required to realize their mural projects within the agreed time period,
- Both individuals’ and art groups’ applications are welcomed to apply,
- Murals should be painted with paints to last at least a year,
- Scale of murals should be no less than 20 sq. m.
How to apply
Application packages should include the following:
- portfolio (implementing mural projects previously will be considered a plus),
- budget (the form can be downloaded from here),
- time required for painting one mural and possible scales. The painter can also suggest the exact spot there the proposed sketch is offered to be painted (which should be agreed with Yerevan municipality).
The application package should be e-mailed to Lusine.Martirosyan@freiheit.org with the following subject: mural contest – name surname
The following walls will be used for murals (pictures can be found here):
- Hrazdan Canyon, under Davtashen bridge,
- Garegin Nzhdeh Street 21,
- Glinka Street 3, close to Khorenatsi Street,
- Tumanyan Street 13,
- Davtashen brigde to V. Vagharshyan street right side wall.
Application deadline: October 12, 2021.
The winners will be announced by October 20, 2021. The murals will be painted by mid-November.