Job Vacancy: Communications Officer
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) is a German foundation that is at home in 60 countries around the world. At FNF, we and our partners promote freedom, liberalism, democracy, human rights, economic freedom, rule of law, and also curb climate change. As a publicly funded non-profit organization, the foundation focuses on civic education and keeps close ties to Germany´s Free Democratic Party (FDP). We work with government institutions, NGOs, academia, political parties, researchers, students, journalists, activists, start-ups, and artists who share same values and want to join the work for freedom. In Southeast and East Asia region, next to Manila we also have offices in Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta, Seoul, Taipei, Yangon, and in Malaysia. Find out more about our work at https://www.freiheit.org/philippines.
The FNF Manila Office is looking for a
to work on the following tasks:
- Collaborate with the programs team to develop and implement strategic communications plan to advance FNF Philippines’ brand identity; broaden awareness of its programs; and increase visibility of its projects across key stakeholder audiences.
- Develop, write, edit, and publish marketing and communications materials, including social media content, articles and other promotional materials such as press releases or graphics.
- Ensure that all publications, communications and marketing materials align with corporate design, and liaise with suppliers to that end.
- Manage the foundation’s social media platforms and promote communications materials through appropriate channels, both online and offline.
- Support and advise internal team and partners in communications matters.
- Proofread and fact-check the foundation’s online contents and press articles.
- Seek opportunities to increase media mileage, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Contribute to the foundation’s work with fresh and innovative ideas.
The ideal candidate has the following profile:
- University graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or equivalent; or have acquired an equivalent amount of significant work experience.
- Fluent in English and Filipino
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; ideally has experience with design tools such as Adobe Suite and Canva, and social media management tools such as Meta Business suite.
- Knowledgeable about and with a good understanding of local and national politics.
- Independent but can also work as part of a team with great interpersonal skills.
Employee benefits include among others:
- 20 days annual leave
- premium medical insurance (in addition to PhilHealth)
- IT infrastructure (incl. laptop, cellphone with data plan)
- flexible working hours and work from home arrangements
- trainings according to a jointly developed upskilling plan and German classes with the team
- work in an international environment and with a dynamic and fun team
If the above matches your aspirations and your profile please e-mail your CV and a short motivation letter explaining why you are applying for the position to email@example.com by August 31st, 2022. Please note that this position is only open for Filipino nationals.