Call for Jerusalem Office Assistant
Office assistant of the German Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom, Jerusalem office. For our Israeli-Palestinian team in Jerusalem we need help with communicating to partners and service providers, day-to-day logistics and other office assistance so we can be a platform of innovation for enhancing freedom in society, strengthening dialogue with the European Union and contribute to the advancement of Israeli-Palestinian dialogue leading towards peace. Together with our partners, we want to strengthen liberal core values like the rule of law and democracy, the respect of human dignity with civil and human rights, market economy principles and entrepreneurship and a democratic culture of tolerance and pluralism.
Within a flexible work environment the responsibilities and duties of the Office Assistant mainly include:
- Welcoming visitors, answering phone and other reception duties
- Maintain the electronic and hardcopy filing system in the office
- Assist the team in administrative tasks and duties
- Arranging travel of team and partners & looking after office cars
- Support event management, realization and financial documentation
- Any special assignments of the Head of Office.
Required motivation, working skills and working experience:
- Good inter-cultural communication skills. Strong motivation to work in a multi-ethnic, multi-religious environment (assistance for cross-border dialogue projects)
- Good organizational skills and prior experience in office management/assistance
- Good command of computer software skills (Microsoft office, Google docs etc.)
- Willingness to learn and ability to adapt to new systems
- Driving license
- Languages: Fluent in English in speaking and writing, fluent/working command in Hebrew and Arabic, German skills a bonus.
Part Time Job (30 hours)
Beginning of assignment: Immediately, contract till end of 2021 with potential for renewal
CV and motivation letter in English to be send to email@example.com by Monday, October 11th, 2021