Consultancy Assignment For The Development of the Enforcement Strategy
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation (FNF) seeks an expert or a firm for the development of the Enforcement Strategy for the Myanmar Competition Commission(MmCC).
2. Background and Rationale
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation (FNF) is a German liberal foundation that promotes rule of law, human rights and economic freedom in Germany as well as in more than 65 countries around the world.
Under its economic freedom programme, since 2013 FNF collaborates with the Department of Trade and the Myanmar Competition Commission (MmCC) to promote economic freedom in Myanmar.
The overall purpose of this project is to develop the Enforcement Strategy. The role of the international expert/team will be to develop the Enforcement Strategy in close cooperation with the Myanmar Competition Commission.
The consultant shall accomplish the following tasks:
- To consult with the Myanmar Competition Commission about the goal and scope of the strategy
- Based on the initial discussion with the commission, to develop the first draft of the strategy
- To finalize the strategy based on feedback from the Commission and other related stakeholders if needed
5. Deliverables and Deadlines
The contractor is responsible to prepare the following deliverables on or prior to such deadlines specified below:
Deadline for Deliverables
Mid October (TBC)
Present the revised draft
5. Terms of Payment
For the above-mentioned assignments, FNF will make payment as below of the total honorarium based on the contractor’s proposal.
- The first 30% payment will be made after signing of the contract.
- The second 30% payment will be made upon the completion of the deliverables A.
- The final 40% payment will be made after completion of the assignment.
The Contractor is exclusively responsible for his/her obligations vis-à-vis Tax Authorities or any other Authority in any applicable jurisdiction regarding the payment of income tax, value added tax, local taxes or any other taxes/charges as well as regarding any social security obligations generated through this honorarium. It is understood between the two parties that the honorarium is a gross amount. The Contractor shall not claim any additional payment on account of any Value Added Tax or any other applicable sales tax from FNF. Furthermore, the agreed amount is subject to the deduction of withholding tax or any other taxes/charges of a similar nature as may be applicable in any relevant jurisdictions.
All payments to the contractor shall be subject to the satisfactory completion of the Contractor’s obligations under this Agreement as determined by FNF taking into account the project timelines, constraints and any other relevant circumstances.
This assignment is open to international experts who have extensive experience in the field of Competition Economics preferably in the ASEAN region. Interested candidates are required to submit a proposal by 27th September 2020 with the following documents to: Ms Biak Hlei Sung, Biak-Hlei.Sung@freiheit.org, and Mr Sai Kwan Hsai, Saikwan.Hsai@freiheit.org.
- Detailed CV
- Cover letter highlighting relevant experience to the assignment Suggested implementation concept and schedule
- Sample of publications from previous work
- Detailed budget/ fees