Youth Political Hub for Freedom Award Ceremony
On March 5th, we held the awarding ceremony for the participants of the fifth season of the #YouthPoliticalHubforFreedom project. This year, we had the pleasure of welcoming 20 young people between the ages of 18-25 from both Tbilisi and the surrounding regions.
We are pleased to announce that all participants received a bilingual certificate as a recognition of their hard work and dedication throughout the program.
We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to the exceptional politicians, experts, and professors who contributed to the success of the project. Thanks to their expertise, our graduates gained invaluable knowledge on critical issues, including:
- The essence of terrorism, threats, and challenges, presented by Tinatin Karosanidze, expert, and Dean of the School of International Relations of the Free University.
- Active citizenship and engagement mechanisms & strategic communications, presented by Tamar Kekenadze, Associate Professor, "British University in Georgia," Head of the Research and Policy Development Institute, and Chairman of the "Free Democrats" party.
- National Defense & Security, presented by Lasha Davitadze, Colonel, Ministry of Defense of Georgia.
- "Religious and ethnic diversity in Georgia and the rights of minorities," presented by Beka Mindiashvili, theologian, and chief expert of the "Tolerance Center" under the Public Defender.
- "The European system of human rights protection," presented by Konstantine Korkelia, TSU professor of international human rights law, Permanent Representative of Georgia to the Council of Europe (Strasbourg, France) from 2013-2017, and First Deputy Minister of Justice of Georgia from 2005-2007.
- NATO-Georgia relations and perspectives, presented by Tinatin Khidasheli, lawyer, chairman of "Civil Idea," and Minister of Defense of Georgia from 2015-2016.
- European Union-Georgia Relations and Perspectives, presented by Vano Chkhikvadze, European Integration Program Manager of "Open Society Foundation," and Master of European Studies.
- Economic development and economic freedom of the country, presented by Ramaz Gerliani, Doctor of Economics and founder of the "Economic Transformation Center."
- Media environment, influence of misinformation, threats, and supporting mechanisms, presented by Mariam Gersamia, Head of Media Khma, Professor of TSU, and Manager of Media Programs of "Transparency International - Georgia."
- Liberal Democracy and Liberal Values, presented by Katrin Banach, Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom, Head of the South Caucasus Office.
We are immensely proud of our graduates and wish them all the best in their future endeavours.