Job Vacancy Announcement
Job Vacancy Announcement at Dhaka Project Office in Bangladesh
Dhaka (Office will be relocated from Uttara to Gulshan/Banani by 1 January 2024).
Head of Sri Lanka & Bangladesh Offices.
The Country Representative will lead FNF's operations and strategic initiatives within Bangladesh, fostering partnerships and ensuring effective execution of projects and programmes.
This role involves representing the organisation at a national level, building strong relationships with stakeholders, and overseeing successful implementation of initiatives in alignment with FNF’s objectives and visions.
01 December 2023 or 01 January 2024.
Permanent position with annual contract renewal.
Negotiable based on qualification and experience.
30 September 2023.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for FNF's activities within the country, aligning initiatives with overall mission and objectives. Develop and execute strategies to expand the presence, impact, and partnerships in Bangladesh.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and monitoring of projects and programmes, ensuring they are executed on time, within scope, and in accordance with FNF and local guidelines.
- Efficiently manage budgets, resources, and assets allocated for projects and activities. Ensure prudent financial management and compliance with organizational policies and requirements.
- Prepare regular reports on project progress, impact, challenges, and lessons learned. Maintain accurate records, documentation, and data related to activities, expenditures, and outcomes.
- Represent the organization at relevant conferences, workshops, and meetings to promote FNF’s work and engage with key stakeholders.
- Draft and implement liberal solutions for concrete problem areas of programmes and project activities.
- Moderate, facilitate, and design workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Writing reports on partners, programmes and activities of FNF.
- Support extending the Foundation’s contacts to politicians, journalists and other liberal target groups.
- Follow-up political and social development of Bangladesh and draft analytical reports.
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor. The incumbent periodically will be
required to perform duties that are beyond the scope of the job description given
Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in any discipline preferably in Social Science from a well reputed university.
- At least seven years of relevant experience in the international development sector, and/or other related organisations and sectors.
- Excellent understanding of classical liberal principles.
- Strong communication skills (both English and Bangla; candidates with proficiency in German will be given preference).
- Well versed in using social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Excellent knowledge on MS excel, Word and Power Point.
- Experience in reporting to and working with donors in the international development arena (preferred).
- Strong project management experience.
- Innovative mind-set oriented towards constructive problem-solving, proactive strategic development and thought leadership.
- Willingness to travel within the project locations.
About the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom and the project in Bangladesh
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) is a German liberal foundation with offices in over 50 countries and projects in more than 70 countries.
FNF has been working in Bangladesh since 2012 to promote economic freedom, good governance, digital transformation and other liberal principles.
Interested candidates are requested to send their Resume with a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org within the deadline with the Subject Line: Country Representative.