Working with FNF
VACANCY NOTICE: Project Manager - Climate Change Program
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) is Germany’s liberal foundation. All of our work is guided by liberty as its fundamental value. Being active in Germany and in around 60 project countries worldwide, we promote freedom, human rights, the rule of law, and market-based economy. The Foundation opened an office in Vietnam since 2012. With a wide range of topics such as Education, Digital and Open Society, Future of Market Economy and International Issues, we facilitate dialogue, organize conferences and invite experts for increasing exchange between Vietnam and Germany. Climate change is recently added to one of our focus for the next three years with bright rooms for innovative ideas.
- Design, develop and implement well-targeted projects under the scope of Climate Change Program in Vietnam and Regional office, and meet all requirements before and after project implementation.
- In consultation with the Head of Country, Climate Change Experts to be responsible for planning, coordinating and monitoring the activities during all phases of the project.
- Foster partnerships with key state governments, especially the local governments in Can Tho City and Thua Thien Hue province and relevant technical institutions working on climate change issues.
- Review quality and consistency of reports and deliverables by partner institutions/ responsible parties.
- Regular financial management and reporting to ensure projects go in line with FNF internal finance regulations.
- Fulfill annual internal and external reports to Regional Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and so on for projects and activities.
- Other tasked assigned by Head of Country.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree from a recognized institution in environmental science/sustainable development/social sciences/ public policy;
- At least 3 years of program/project development and management experience;
- In-depth knowledge of environmental and climate change related concepts, theories, policies and practices; and sound understanding of current issues related to climate change and environment at the national and sub-national levels;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Vietnamese;
- Outstanding communication, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Proficiency in the use of office IT applications.
- Master Degree in related fields;
- Experience of working with Central and/or State Governments/ NGOs/ Civil Society on similar assignments will be preferred;
- Familiarity with the working environment and professional standards of international organizations and national and State Governments;
- Good command of German would be an advantage;
- Strong team orientation and a value-driven, socially-minded attitude.
- Work in a leading German NGO;
- Competitive fixed salary, private health insurance and other benefits;
- Opportunities for capacity building and self-development;
- Domestic and international travel opportunities;
- A supportive, dynamic and international environment at both FNF Vietnam office and through regular exchanges with FNF offices in Germany and the region.
Starting Date: 1st December 2021
Working location: No 16, Lane 11, To Ngoc Van Street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
Duration: 3 years, 40 hours/week (from Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
Deadline for application: 24th October 2021
Line Manager: Head of Country, FNF Vietnam
Applications in English include:
- Motivation Letter
- Autobiography (CV)
- Copy relevant certificates and diplomas.
Please send all the above documents in one PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and put the subject of the letter in the form [Application – PM] <Candidate name>, no later than 23:59, October 24th 2021 (Hanoi local time). The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks after the application deadline.
For pdf. file, please download here: