The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) Korea in Seoul offers internships to qualified young liberal-minded individuals. Our interns participate in all activities of the Foundation and have their own responsibilities and work assignments. An internship at the FNF Office in Seoul is a good opportunity to get first-hand and professional work experience in an international non-profit organization.
Currently, we are looking for new interns from May 2022 onwards.
We expect from Applicants:
- Assisting in all fields of our everyday work.
- Ability to carry out research and to write articles and reports in English plus either German or Korean.
- Cooperation in organizing FNF events (conferences, seminars, workshops, visiting programs, etc.).
- Assist with updating our website and social media profiles.
- Ability to work with MS Office. Hancom Office, Photoshop and other standard programs would be a plus.
Qualifications of Applicants:
- Applicants must be, at least, in their second year of undergraduate study at the time of application.
- Interest in domestic and foreign policy of Korea, as well as in Politics and Economy in general
- Excellent command of the English language plus advanced knowledge of either German or Korean.
- Ability to work autonomously and self-dependently in an international work environment.
- Available for 6 to 12 weeks
Our service for interns in our office:
- Excellent working conditions (individual working place, PC, access to the Internet, etc). The entire office infrastructure is at your disposal.
- Access to local and international events in Seoul related to the mission and work of FNF, whether organized by FNF or other organizations.
- Contacts to local and international partners of FNF, in Korea and internationally.
- Motivation Letter (Please explain why you are interested in the internship, what it is that makes you a strong candidate and what your expectations of the internship are).
- Curriculum vitae
- Time of the internship: We accept applications throughout the year. Please include your preferred dates for the internship in your application.
- We recommend to apply at least three month prior to your intended internship period.
Please send your internship application to email@example.com
Corona – measures:
Despite the pandemic, you can still join FNF Korea for an internship, but it might be difficult to get a Visa to enter Korea.
Please contact the nearest Korean Embassy or Consulate (Berlin, Bonn, Frankfurt and Hamburg). Interns were able to successfully apply for a C-4 Visa. (For German citizen: You can find more information here: http://overseas.mofa.go.kr/de-frankfurt-de/wpge/m_9526/contents.do ) Recently the guidelines of the Korean Government seem to have changed and a C-4 Visa might not be granted anymore. The decision depends on the Korean consulate officer in charge of your application. The FNF Korea office cannot provide the administrative support for Visa with a more complex application process such as the D-4 Visa.
For the C-4 Visa:
- Your stay is limited to 90days
- You will need to quarantine for 14 days in Korea. State Quarantine facility for 14 days will cost 1.680.000Won (approx. 110US$ per day). We cannot provide any assistance for booking an accomodation or quarantine facility.
The FNF is not able to provide you with funding or a health insurance during your internship in Korea, but we are offering a compensation of 500Euro/Month.