FNF Korea is hiring!
Application Deadline: May 20, 2022
The Korea office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) is seeking a
Program Officer/Communications (full time position)
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) is a German foundation dedicated to civic education. With close ties to Germany’s Free Democratic Party (FDP), FNF aims to promote individual freedom and responsibility, market economy, the rule of law and human rights. We disseminate the liberal ideas through educational programs, such as seminars, conferences, study tours and publications. We are active in more than 60 countries around the world. In South Korea, we work on local autonomy, inclusive digital transformation and smart cities, connecting experts and stakeholders from Korea, Asia and Germany. As a German organization, we also share the German experiences of unification and organize conferences on North Korea. Apart from our South Korea project, we provide capacity building programs in North Korea, focusing on environmental protection, i.e. water management and sustainable urban planning. For more information about us check our website www.fnfkorea.org or find us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/FNFKorea/) or Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/fnfkorea/).
As a Program Officer/Communications you will
- Organize FNF activities in South Korea by assisting in program planning and implementation which also include related logistic/finance administration
- Communicate with local/international partners for our joint programs
- Support research and analysis of current political issues, relevant to our work
- Promote FNF’s works in Korea by managing and creating content for our social media channels and website
- Translate documents from Korean to English or vice versa as well as provide interpretation during meetings
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Korean native speaker with full fluency in English (German is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two (2) years or, Master’s degree and at least one (1) year of work experience: Majoring in Political Science, International Relations, Communications, Social Science or other relevant subject
- Strong communication, writing and organizational skills: Experience in event organization, the usage of video conferencing platform and social media is an asset.
- Good computer skills (MS office)
- International experience
- Being interested in the FNF topics (liberal ideas, digital transformation and unification)
- Flexible working hours with a core office time from 10-16 o’clock within a 40 hours week
- Overtime hours compensated as additional holidays
- Opportunities to participate in FNF trainings in Germany or our regional headquarters in Bangkok
- Other personal development and training opportunities in Korea
Please send your Letter of Motivation and CV (in English) along with other relevant documents in one pdf file to Choyoung.email@example.com by May 20, 2022.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews, which will be held in mid-June.
The potential entry-date for the job will be from July 1st.
For inquiries, please contact: Ms Choyoung SON (02-2295-2155)
Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom
#752, college of Social Science
Hanyang University, 222 Wangsimni-ro, Seongdong-gu, 04763, Seoul, Korea