The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) Korea in Seoul offers internships to qualified young liberal-minded individuals. Our interns participate in all activities of the Foundation and have their own responsibilities and work assignments. An internship at the FNF Office in Seoul is a good opportunity to get first-hand and professional work experience in an international non-profit organization.
We expect from Applicants:
- Assisting in all fields of our everyday work.
- Ability to carry out research and to write articles and reports in English plus either German or Korean.
- Cooperation in organizing FNF events (conferences, seminars, workshops, visiting programs, etc.).
- Assist with updating our website and social media profiles.
- Ability to work with MS Office. Hancom Office, Photoshop and other standard programs would be a plus.
Qualifications of Applicants:
- Applicants must be, at least, in their second year of undergraduate study at the time of application.
- Interest in domestic and foreign policy of Korea, as well as in Politics and Economy in general
- Excellent command of the English language plus advanced knowledge of either German or Korean.
- Ability to work autonomously and self-dependently in an international work environment.
- Available for 6 to 12 weeks
Our service for interns in our office:
- Excellent working conditions (individual working place, PC, access to the Internet, etc). The entire office infrastructure is at your disposal.
- Access to local and international events in Seoul related to the mission and work of FNF, whether organized by FNF or other organizations.
- Contacts to local and international partners of FNF, in Korea and on an international scale.
- Motivation Letter (Please explain why you are interested in the internship, what it is that makes you a strong candidate and what your expectations of the internship are).
- Curriculum vitae
- Time of the internship: We accept applications throughout the year. Please include your prefered dates for the internship in your application.
- We recommend to apply at least three month prior to your intended internship period.
Corona – measure:
Despite the pandemic South Korea offers still an intern-life. The problem of every entrants are the following issues:
- For the entry to South Korea you need a Visa. Please contact the nearest Korean Embassy or Consulate (Berlin, Frankfurt and Hamburg). For this internship you can apply for a C4. (You can find more information on this website: http://overseas.mofa.go.kr/de-frankfurt-de/wpge/m_9526/contents.do and for the English version: https://www.englishspectrum.com/c-4-visa-short-termtemporary-employment/....)
- Your stay is limited to 90days by applying for this visa.
- State Quarantine facility for foreigners without a residence in South Korea. The facility will be offered for 14 days to every entrants with the costs of 1.680.000Won (approx. 110US$ per day).
- Every entrants have to download the Corona – App right after arrival
- The events and meeting are very restricted these days, which have a big impact on the tasks during the internship. The focus will be more on researching tasks and writing professional articles, as well as a policy paper.
The FNF is not able to provide you with funding or a health insurance during your internship in Korea, but we are offering a compensation for 500Euro/Month. We therefore strongly recommend for you to make necessary arrangements, i.e. signing health / accident insurance, prior to the commencement of your internship.