The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) Korea in Seoul offers internships to qualified young liberal-minded individuals. Our interns participate in all activities of the Foundation and have their own responsibilities and work assignments. An internship at the FNF Office in Seoul is a good opportunity to get first-hand and professional work experience in an international non-profit organization.
Currently, we are looking for new interns from September 2021 onwards
We expect from Applicants:
- Assisting in all fields of our everyday work.
- Ability to carry out research and to write articles and reports in English plus either German or Korean.
- Cooperation in organizing FNF events (conferences, seminars, workshops, visiting programs, etc.).
- Assist with updating our website and social media profiles.
- Ability to work with MS Office. Hancom Office, Photoshop and other standard programs would be a plus.
Qualifications of Applicants:
- Applicants must be, at least, in their second year of undergraduate study at the time of application.
- Interest in domestic and foreign policy of Korea, as well as in Politics and Economy in general
- Excellent command of the English language plus advanced knowledge of either German or Korean.
- Ability to work autonomously and self-dependently in an international work environment.
- Available for 6 to 12 weeks
Our service for interns in our office:
- Excellent working conditions (individual working place, PC, access to the Internet, etc). The entire office infrastructure is at your disposal.
- Access to local and international events in Seoul related to the mission and work of FNF, whether organized by FNF or other organizations.
- Contacts to local and international partners of FNF, in Korea and internationally.
- Motivation Letter (Please explain why you are interested in the internship, what it is that makes you a strong candidate and what your expectations of the internship are).
- Curriculum vitae
- Time of the internship: We accept applications throughout the year. Please include your preferred dates for the internship in your application.
- We recommend to apply at least three month prior to your intended internship period.
Corona – measure:
Despite the pandemic, you can still join FNF Korea for an internship, but it might be difficult to get a Visa to enter Korea.
Please contact the nearest Korean Embassy or Consulate (Berlin, Frankfurt and Hamburg). Interns were able to successfully apply for a C-4 Visa. (For German citizen: You can find more information here: http://overseas.mofa.go.kr/de-frankfurt-de/wpge/m_9526/contents.do ) Recently the guidelines of the Korean Government seem to have changed and a C-4 Visa might not be granted anymore. The FNF Korea office cannot provide the administrative support for Visa with a more complex application process such as the D-4 Visa.
For the C-4 Visa:
- Your stay is limited to 90days
- You will need to quarantine for 14 days in Korea. State Quarantine facility for 14 days will cost 1.680.000Won (approx. 110US$ per day). We cannot provide any assistance for booking an accomodation or quarantine facility.
The FNF is not able to provide you with funding or a health insurance during your internship in Korea, but we are offering a compensation of 500Euro/Month.